Watching You

by Lisa Jewell | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1501190075 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/29/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, July 29, 2019
Book Description: Melville Heights is one of the nicest neighbourhoods in Bristol, England; home to doctors and lawyers and old-money academics. It’s not the sort of place where people are brutally murdered in their own kitchens. But it is the sort of place where everyone has a secret. And everyone is watching you.

As the headmaster credited with turning around the local school, Tom Fitzwilliam is beloved by one and all—including Joey Mullen, his new neighbor, who quickly develops an intense infatuation with this thoroughly charming yet unavailable man. Joey thinks her crush is a secret, but Tom’s teenaged son Freddie—a prodigy with aspirations of becoming a spy for MI5—excels in observing people and has witnessed Joey behaving strangely around his father.

One of Tom’s students, Jenna Tripp, also lives on the same street, and she’s not convinced her teacher is as squeaky clean as he seems. For one thing, he has taken a particular liking to her best friend and fellow classmate, and Jenna’s mother—whose mental health has admittedly been deteriorating in recent years—is convinced that Mr. Fitzwilliam is stalking her.

Meanwhile, twenty years earlier, a schoolgirl writes in her diary, charting her doomed obsession with a handsome young English teacher named Mr. Fitzwilliam…

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, July 29, 2019
My Review: This book is really good. It reminds me of the movie Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart (one of my favorites). It proves that you never really know who is watching you. There were a lot of red herrings and I was nearly done with the book when I realized who the murderer was. I love all the different characters and seeing things through everyone's eyes is really fascinating. I haven't read any books by this author before, so I am going to have to look for more of her books to read.

I won this book in a giveaway from Goodreads.com. This is my completely honest opinion.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 05, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/6/2019 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Giving to my co-worker who enjoys reading suspense-thriller books, too. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, August 18, 2019
My co-worker gave this back to me after reading, she said that she loved it! This book is ready to travel.

Released 5 mos ago (9/7/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left at the Little Free Library on the Noonday Creek Trailhead in Downtown Woodstock. This box is nice and full of books right now. Enjoy the book!