Service Included

by Phoebe Damrosch | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by mrsjones of Hamilton, Ohio USA on 7/29/2019
Journal Entry 1 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Monday, July 29, 2019
Boy, this book took me back. I spent many years as a server in several different restaurants. In some ways, they are all the same, though I never worked in such a fine-dining establishment and would certainly never want to. I was a horrible waitress, but I could relate to so many of the stories the author told.

Years later I worked as a restaurant reviewer for the newspaper and approached the restaurant business from another angle. Unlike a food critic, I did announce who I was and often interviewed the chef or manager during my review process. Occasionally they'd take me back to the kitchen and I was reminded of that again, too, reading this.

All in all, an easy read, but stressful in some ways. I'm glad I'm out of the restaurant scene!

Adding to the Food Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Saturday, August 17, 2019
I selected this book from the Food Bookbox. I then promptly lent it to a friend at work. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 3 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, November 06, 2019
My friend is finished with this book, so I'm including it in the Bookbox of Intentional Variety. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (11/6/2019 UTC) at Northglenn, Colorado USA

I'm including this in Bookbox of Intentional Variety #4. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by haahaahaa98 at Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Friday, December 13, 2019
Bookbox of Intentional Variety

Journal Entry 6 by haahaahaa98 at USPS in -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, December 13, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/13/2019 UTC) at USPS in -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

To be released for Bookbox of Intentional Variety #5.