The Owl Who Liked Sitting on Caesar--Life with an Enchanting Tawny Owl

by Martin Windrow | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing of Bellingham, Washington USA on 7/28/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Sunday, July 28, 2019
When author Martin Windrow first saw the tawny owlet whom he christened Mumble, it was love at first sight. Raising her from a fledgling, through adolescence and into her prime years, Windrow recorded every detail of their time together in secret in a south London tower block and later in a Sussex village. This is the touching, intriguing and eccentric story of a 15-year relationship between a man and an improbable pet.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
This was not a quick read for me. I found that it was better for me to read it slowly to ingest all the details of the relationship and the many facts that the author supplied about owls. I am glad that I read this book because I know so much more about owls now, not just facts, but about the personality of owls and life with an owl as a pet. Incidentally, the owl in this book never knew about life in the wild as he was born in captivity (so to speak) and the author bought him even before he was born.

Journal Entry 3 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Salt Lake City UT, Utah -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 07, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/7/2020 UTC) at Salt Lake City UT, Utah -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to erishkigal of Salt Lake City, UT. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
What a fabulous surprise! I was not expecting to come home to find a box on my porch and this one looks particularly enchanting 😊😊 I love Wesley the Owl, and expect I shall fall in love with Mumble as well ❤️
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!