The Feng Shui detective

by Nury Vittachi | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 187598996X Global Overview for this book
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 27, 2019
Picked up to read and then Bookcross.

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 29, 2019
This was okay but not great. It's a mixture of stories about a feng shui expert who solves mysteries with the help / hindrance of a 17 year old Australian assistance. Some of the culture / generation clash "humour" felt a bit forced. This is on a few wishlists so I hope to send this as a rabck soon.

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 02, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (9/3/2019 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Yorkshire-lass as part of the Wishlist Tag Game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, September 06, 2019
Thank you for sending this my way, as my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to this :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, November 23, 2019
This wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I still enjoyed reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, November 25, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (11/25/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into the World of Crime Book Box.

Journal Entry 7 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, December 29, 2019
Picked from the World of Crime boombox last week but only just catching up with admin duties as none happened during Christmas!

Journal Entry 8 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, January 02, 2020
Interesting and not at all what I expected, although having said that I am not at all sure what I did expect!

Each of the chapters is a different problem and each is solved in its own idiosyncratic way and I really enjoyed the interactions between the two main characters (although yes, some of the humour element was a little forced and obvious), but it was not always easy to see where those elements were added for the storyline or just for additional 'background'. I had not realised that this was so well known as I have never come across the author before so I was glad to have been introduced in this book.

I had a request from Mr Flutterbies9 to read this book so it is now on his tbr and there is a tentative plan for it after that as well.

Journal Entry 9 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, May 25, 2020
Mr Flutterbies9 has now read this book as well so we have had two readers in this house!

He thought it was a very quirky read but liked the individual stories in their individual chapters. He enjoyed the interaction between the Mr Wong and Jo and the descriptions of both people and places.

There is a plan for this book, so I will now see if I can change some things around to move it on.

Released 1 mo ago (6/29/2020 UTC) at — Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Been awaiting release of bookbox delayed by Covid19 restrictions.
Now on its way out into the wide world!

Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 11 by wingNataliec7wing at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, July 04, 2020
Chosen from Flutterbies9 already bookcrossed bookbox.