Things Fall Apart

by Chinua Achebe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jules5 of Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on 7/26/2019
Journal Entry 1 by jules5 from Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, July 26, 2019
Picked up from the Lions Charity book shop in Darlington for holiday reading

Journal Entry 2 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, September 01, 2019
A tragedy set in a village in Niger, the story unfolds slowly of the life of a man and his family just prior to the arrival of colonialism. The oral history of the village is beautifully told and I loved the story of the tortoise ‘All of you’. Okonkwo,the protagonist of the book, is a difficult man to like and I was much more interested in the life of the women and his family. The climax to the story was immediate, reflecting the devastation brought by colonialism. Things fall apart is an apt title..

Journal Entry 3 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, September 09, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (9/9/2019 UTC) at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom

Wish granted ✨happy reading

Journal Entry 4 by JPix at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Thank you jules5 for sending me this book from my wishlist and a cool extra cat bookcrossing label. Looking forward to reading it!