The Department of Sensitive Crimes

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by beeofgoodcheer of Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom on 7/26/2019
Journal Entry 1 by beeofgoodcheer from Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, July 26, 2019
I find Alexander McCall Smith's series books - and I am assuming that this is going to be the first in a new series - quite often a very slow burn to get started. The Isabel Dalhousie series was one such - I disliked the first book, and Isabel, and only read the second through commitment to a Bookcrossing ray. And lo and behold, I actually enjoyed it, and read several more.

This one, I'm not sure I'm going to try a second book, should one be written, as I didn't really like this one at all. I just found it very slow and somewhat trivial, even by McCall Smith's standards, and a little bit too self absorbed. The humour just didn't come across, or didn't hit my funny bone - or even wry smile generator button.

I'm always terribly impressed with McCall Smith's volume of output, but I fear his well is running a little dry.

Released 1 mo ago (10/12/2019 UTC) at St Luke's Community Centre, Duston in Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Released at the Bookcrossing Unconvention.

Happy trails, little book! I hope you have an interesting journey!

To the lucky finder of this book...

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Bookcrossing. If this is your first visit to our site...welcome & I'm sure you'll find it fun!

All over the world people are following their books travels through Book Crossing & by making an entry you will be helping keep this books unique travelling history up-to-date.

You can make your first journal entry about this book now! Just tell us where you found it....& don't worry about giving your name, you can remain anonymous.

When you’ve read it,why not come back here and let us know what you thought of it? Tell us what your plans for it are....is it being passed to someone else?...or maybe you're going to leave it for someone else to find - just like you did! Then, if you want to, you will be able to follow it's travels around the book loving world as well!

I hope you've enjoyed visiting us here at BookCrossing & if you do decide to join us, please consider using me, BEEOFGOODCHEER as the member who referred you- then I know I'm successfully spreading the BookCrossing word!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by mysteriousmummy at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 13, 2019
Picked up from the book buffet at the Unconvention. Thank you for sharing.