The One Hundred Nights of Hero

by Isabel Greenberg | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 7/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 25, 2019
TBR.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, July 27, 2019
This was fantastic! At first I wasn't sold on the art style, but it grew on me. The storytelling is incredible. The book is a celebration of women, their bravery, the power of words, and more. There is unexpected humor as well! Heartwarming and lots of fun.

Released 5 mos ago (8/12/2019 UTC) at RABCK, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Sending in a box of RABCKs. I thought you might enjoy it! As always, though, feel free to release unread if it is not your thing. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 16, 2019
The RABCK box arrived safely today; many thanks! This one looks awesome - and I got a chuckle out of the blurb on the back cover about this "Epic Tale of Derring-do", including: "Prepare to be dazzled once more by the overwhelming power of stories and see Love prevail in the face of Terrible Adversity!"

Later: Definitely some powerful stories here, some of them borrowed/re-imagined from classics and others new. The premise is pretty awful - two men betting on the virtue of one's wife, with the rival planning to rape the woman if he can't seduce her - and things get even bleaker for our heroines near the climax of the book. But the women are tough and resourceful, devoted sisters and quite brave, and if things don't quite work out as I'd hoped, there's a triumphant resolution nonetheless. (The artwork is a bit sketchy for my taste, but it enhances the often-awful plot points.) Thanks for sharing this one!

[There's a short TV Tropes page on the book, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 05, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (10/5/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the handsome and roomy TARDIS-decorated Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 October Spooktacular release challenge. ***