The Rosie Effect

by Graeme Simsion | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 192509510X Global Overview for this book
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 7/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 25, 2019
Picked this up from a little free library but realized I don't have the first book.

The Wife Project is complete, and Don and Rosie are happily married and living in New York. But they’re about to face a new challenge.

Rosie is pregnant.

Don sets about learning the protocols of becoming a father, but his unusual research style gets him into trouble with the law. Fortunately his best friend Gene is on hand to offer advice: he’s left Claudia and moved in with Don and Rosie.

As Don tries to schedule time for pregnancy research, getting Gene and Claudia back together, servicing the industrial refrigeration unit that occupies half his apartment, helping Dave the Baseball Fan save his business and staying on the right side of Lydia the social worker, he almost misses the biggest problem of all: he might lose Rosie when she needs him most.

Get ready for The Rosie Effect, the new hilarious and heart-wrenching romantic comedy of the year.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 17, 2020
This book definitely isn't as good as the first; it doesn't have the same charm. In fact, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We find out that Rosie is pregnant and the relationship between Don and Rosie deteriorates from there, but for no explainable reason (or when it is explained, it doesn't make any sense). Don is intrigued by the baby and sets out to solve problems for it (including a sound proof crib that's still breathable, and we never see nor hear about this crib again after he gets it...), but Rosie thinks he's not acting fatherly so she's done. Really? That's enough for her to get up and leave Don?

Rosie was a completely different character from the first book and it made no sense. I don't think Simsion did justice to the follow up.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 17, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/17/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.