Flowers for Algernon

Where's this book been?
by Daniel Keyes | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
I got this book from a local Salvation Army thrift shop, for another release copy. It was adapted to the screen in the 1968 film Charly.

I'm more familiar with the short story than this expanded version. I have to say I think the short story has more impact, but the longer version is able to give us a lot more insight into Charlie's frame of mind throughout his experiences, as he changes from a low-functioning mentally retarded man to a super-genius...

[There's a TV Tropes page for the book.]

Released 3 yrs ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Harbor Pond area (see notes for details) in Townsend, Massachusetts USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, hanging from the guardrail of the bridge overlooking the pond and the charming antique shop (where I scored some finds at their tent sale). Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Movie release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Townsend, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, October 6, 2019
What a nice thing to find on my walk this morning! Looking forward to starting this tonight!