Orlando

Where's this book been?
by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/8/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 08, 2019
I got this ex-library softcover at a local Goodwill thrift shop. I'd read this quirky novel years ago and found it... interesting, but not enough so for me to fall in love with it. Its premise: the title character has somehow acquired eternal youth (or at least very slow aging), plus the ability to spontaneously change sex; the story follows him/her through a number of historical periods and personal adventures. The 1992 film featured Tilda Swinton as Orlando - an inspired choice! - and some other fun-with-casting bits, including Quentin Crisp as Queen Elizabeth I.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the book, with mention of the stage and screen adaptations.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ivangile Rd in Salem, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 09, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/9/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ivangile Rd in Salem, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the charming Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 One-Word Title release challenge. ***