I Saw You, from a Distance

Where's this book been?
by Alexander Desmarais | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 9781320297622 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
I got this slim softcover from an online seller. It's a memoir by a survivor of the Canadian foster-care system, quite short and extremely harrowing...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (2/19/2020 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I sent this to BCer J4shaw as part of the US/Canada wishlist-tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Arrive safely in my mailbox today.
Thank you for sharing this with me GoryDetails, I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Monday, March 30, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (3/30/2020 UTC) at Boise, Idaho USA

My Review:
This book of Alexander Desmarais's first hand experience of the Canadian Foster care system offers a rare glimpse inside and the book was one I found that I felt glad of it's existence.

Mailed off today as a Tag book for the 2020 USA & Canada Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, April 04, 2020
Received this in the mail today. Think I’ll start reading it tonight. Thanks for sending it my way!

Journal Entry 6 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Sunday, April 05, 2020
I found this book very sad. Such a disjointed mind. The writing reminded me of essays/journals/stories I’ve read that are written by prisoners. It’s sad that this kind of abuse happens and that this is how bleak the world seems as a result.