Hollow City

by Ransom Riggs | |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 7/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, July 22, 2019
The second book in the very excellent Miss Peregrine's trilogy. Miss Peregrine's school is somewhat a Victorian version of the Xavier Institute for mutants. When Miss Peregrine is stuck in a bird form, the children tried to find help to turn her back to normal, before it's too late.

An exciting, imaginative story, and the photos just make the story so much more spookier. I wonder how the writer created the story? Did he shift through hundreds of pictures and find the ones that fit his story? Or he finds the pictures he like and works his story around them? Either way, it's an amazing tale, through I find parts of it too sad and the twist too cruel. Even if I don't consider it a children's book, all the deaths are too unsettling...

Sending to Feltre who has it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 2 by feltre at Zografou, Attica Greece on Monday, October 14, 2019
The book arrived today. Thank you very much for sending it.

Journal Entry 3 by feltre at Zografou, Attica Greece on Monday, November 11, 2019
Nice plot.