Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

by Dee Brown | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0671420291 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSouthernfryedwing of Lexington, South Carolina USA on 7/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Sunday, July 14, 2019
My best bookcrossing buddy, Josierivers and I were filling little free libraries a couple of weeks ago and I brought this book home with me because many years ago, someone near and dear to my heart gave me a copy. It moved with me many years and yet it never seemed the right time to read it and I promised myself that if I got another copy that I'd make myself read it. Different cover.

2/20/2021
Such a sad book. White men cheated Indians out of their land over and over again. Indians constantly said "we want to live in peace" over and over again. All Americans should read this book and learn from past mistakes. I found this book on another bookcrosser's wishlist and will pass it on to her.

To the Finder:
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!
Please make a journal entry. You may remain anonymous. If you are new to bookcrossing and decide to join, please consider using SOUTHERNFRYED or JOSIERIVERS as the referring member. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2021 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

dropped in the mail

Journal Entry 3 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Saturday, February 27, 2021
I was delighted to receive this copy from a BookCrosser, Southernfryed. It's on my list of nonfiction books that I want to read this year. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.