Murder on the Rocks

by Karen MacInerney | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 7/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, July 07, 2019
I read this several years ago and enjoyed it. A nice mystery that takes place here in New England. This is the second copy I'm releasing.

Amazon:
Trading in Texas heat for Maine's tangy salt air, Natalie Barnes risked it all to buy the Gray Whale Inn, a quaint bed and breakfast on Cranberry Island. She adores whipping up buttery muffins and other rich breakfast treats for her guests until Bernard Katz checks in. The overbearing land developer plans to build a resort next door where an endangered colony of black-chinned terns is nesting. Worried about the birds, the inevitable transformation of the sleepy fishing community, and her livelihood, Natalie takes a public stand against the project. But the town board sides with Katz. Just when it seems like things can't get any worse, Natalie finds Katz dead. Now the police and much of the town think she's guilty. Can Natalie track down the true killer before she's hauled off to jail...or becomes the next victim?

Murder on the Rocks is an Agatha Award nominee.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, July 08, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (7/8/2019 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to ReallyBookish via the wishlist-tag game. Hope you like it!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Received safely today. Thanks for the tag! Looks like a fun mystery novel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, August 06, 2019
For me, this was a so-so cozy. It was a light and quick read and I loved the Maine island setting (and all the descriptions of food!). The plot was fairly formulaic and our heroine sleuth doesn't always use common sense, but it was a decent read. I probably won't seek out more in the series, but this one was a pleasant enough way to spend a few evenings.

Released 3 mos ago (8/19/2019 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out to iwillrejoice as part of the wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, August 26, 2019
Arrived safely in Florida today. Thank you! (Thanks for the plastic wrapping - it was pouring rain today & the book would have gotten wet otherwise.)