Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof

by Blaize Clement | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 142991842X Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 07, 2019
Book #4 in the Dixie Hemingway/Pet Sitter Mystery series:
Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter introduced a winning sleuth in Florida pet sitter Dixie Hemingway, and the next books in the series, Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund and Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues, firmly established author Blaize Clement as a new star amongst mystery fans. Now Dixie Hemingway, no relation to you-know-who, is back in this fourth riveting installment.

When Dixie meets Laura Halston, a newcomer to Siesta Key, she recognizes a kindred spirit and believes she's found a new friend. Disarmingly beautiful, Laura confesses that she's in hiding from an abusive husband. Later, when Laura receives threatening phone calls, Dixie is certain the husband is the culprit.

But the more Dixie learns about Laura, the less certain she is about anything.and then matters turn deadly. As she tries to understand Laura's past, Dixie is forced to acknowledge things about herself that she has never faced before.

Fast-paced and gripping, Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof is everything Blaize Clement's many fans have come to expect.

My Review: I love this author! I found several of her books at the used book store, I had never read anything by her, but I thought they looked good. It's a cozy mystery, but there is a bit more suspense than in most cozy mysteries. It's a nice change of pace.