An Offer You Can't Refuse

Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/3/2019
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 03, 2019
Lola has no intention of accepting when her boyfriend Dougie's snobbish mother offers her GBP10,000 to break up with him. Then she discovers a secret that makes her think again. Dougie would probably have broken up with her in the long run, and this way she can help one of the people she loves most in the world. Ten years later, though, when Lola meets Dougie again, her feelings for him are as strong as ever. But she broke Dougie's heart - and he's about to discover that she was paid to do it. She can never tell him the truth, so can she get him back? Well, Lola's very attractive and very persuasive. But even she's got her work cut out this time! From fantqsticfiction.com

AN OFFER YOU CAN’T REFUSE by JILL MANSELL (2008) | ISBN: 9780755328161 | Publisher: Headline

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 14, 2019
Far too jaunty and light-hearted for my mood, almost candy floss, not enough substance! All in all a pretty flip style, and packed with ridiculous goings on, not my thing. Nothing wrong with the writing but goodness did Lola ever end up being irritatingly pert. Anything notably nice, ummm… Why did I finish this? Just wanted to see where this would go? Could be my first and last Jill Mansell. …And in the contrary way of personal opinion I bet the next reader just loves it!

Found this two or three weeks ago in a sorry state on the bookshelf at Jeremiah’s Taproom. It’s not a gorgeous restoration but I’ve made some basic repairs, fitted a protective plastic film to it, registered it with BookCrossing and labelled it as a BookCrossing travelling book. All good prep for it to head off on some adventures…

Released 1 mo ago (7/16/2019 UTC) at Edinburgh Central SYH Youth Hostel in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Releasing here...