Seduction

by M. J. Rose | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 7/1/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, July 01, 2019
This uncorrected-proof softcover was among the books donated to the Nashua Public Library for distribution to the Little Free Libraries. The premise is intriguing: a scholar, Jac L'Etoile, seeks to follow in the tracks of Victor Hugo, who visited spiritualists after the tragic death of his daughter. But Jac gets caught up in someone else's plans, also having to do with the legends about Hugo's spiritualist researches. The novel delves into themes of reincarnation, hideous crimes from the past, and long-lasting conspiracies - none of which, I'm afraid, interested me as much as the bits about Hugo's history: I was surprised to find that the bit about Hugo's daughter is true; she drowned at age 19, along with her husband, when their boat overturned on the Seine in 1843...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Granite Circle in Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/14/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Granite Circle in Merrimack, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 One-Word Title release challenge. ***