The Wind in the Willows

by Kenneth Grahame | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 6/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
I bought this book at a charity shop in my neighbouring city of Kitchener, Ontario. It's a beloved classic that I've both read and bookcrossed in the past (more than once).

One thing that I did not know about this book until recently was that acclaimed Canadian author Charles de Lint calls this his all-time favourite book, and feels that it has influenced his writing and his life. I've only read bit of Charles de Lint's writing, and from what I have read it's not really my thing, but I definitely agree with his opinions about The Wind in the Willows. If you're interested, you can read them here, in this CBC interview: http://www.cbc.ca/books/fantasy-writer-charles-de-lint-9-books-i-love-1.4356554

Released 3 wks ago (7/12/2020 UTC) at 'Spirit Catcher' Sculpture on Kempenfelt Bay in Barrie, Ontario Canada

My husband and I need to be out of our house for a few days, and we've ended up in Barrie. Were pretty much just starting in our hotel room and getting food from drive-throughs, but we decided to go for a walk down by the bay and past a visit to the Spirit Catcher and I left this book nearby. I put it in a protective bag and left it hanging in a willow tree at the beginning of a footpath that was lined with them.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2020 edition of an annual challenge here on bookcrossing-- the "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. Barrie was Town #4 for me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Barrie, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 12, 2020
Found book at centennial beach barrie