Where The Bodies Are Buried

by Chris Brookmyre | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
A city in the throes of a new drug war.
A police force on the verge of tearing itself apart.
A ruthless hitman back from the dead.
A shattering secret hidden for decades.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 10, 2019
DI Macleod, a professional police officer who worries about the effect her job is having on her marriage and on her young sons, and Jasmine Sharpe, an aspiring actress who had dropped out of drama school to care for her dying mother. After her mother passed away, Jasmine went to work for her Uncle Jim, a private investigator. When Uncle Jim disappears, Jasmine looks into his open cases to try to find out what happened to him. She ends up being drawn into a forty year old mystery and also into dark secrets about her own past.

This is a possibly a darker, certainly a less humorous book than Brookmyre's earlier works, it is much more of a conventional thriller. That said, Brookmyre is still an immensely readable writer, I thoroughly enjoyed following Jasmine on her journey and I’m so glad she found Tron. I loved not just the crime but the personal lives of the two women. The second book is a must.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh Book Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 10, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (8/11/2019 UTC) at Edinburgh Book Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Old Gang Meetup at the book festival.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, August 12, 2019
Picked up at a rainy Edinburgh Bookfestival meet up, thanks

Journal Entry 6 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, January 02, 2020
A great fast paced thriller set in Glasgow. Good solid character and a good story line

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at City of Leeds Museum Café and LFL in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 8 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 18, 2020
Picked up from todays meet-up. Have already enjoyed " When the Devil Drives" which I thought was the first Jasmine Sharp book but apparently this one is. Will be good to find out how things started & I am used to reading a series out of order! 😀