The Handmaid’s Tale

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingShahrunwing of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 6/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingShahrunwing from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2019
Reading this book really unsettled and confused me. The authors introduction was very interesting. She highlights the actual historical events that inspired this work and it’s frightening. Pages 182 and 182 deal with loss of control of money, now we all use it electronically and also Fake News and ‘Terror Attacks’ used by and even carried out by the government for control and manipulation for the population. Sound familiar to anyone?! So, although this book seems crazily ahead of its time, having been written in 1984, looking at the authors references, it appears we haven’t really progressed at all.

Journal Entry 2 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (6/22/2019 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Sending this off to a fellow BookCrosser to grant a wish on her list. Happy reading.

Journal Entry 3 by lexbarbie at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Received in the post from a fellow Bookcrossing user who had spotted it on my wishlist - thank you so much! :)