The Witches

by Stacy Schiff | History |
ISBN: 0316200611 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, June 17, 2019
I found this softcover in this TARDIS-themed Little Free Library in Norwich VT while dropping off some books of my own, and nabbed it for another release copy.

I first read the book after I attended a presentation by author Schiff at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, on her research into the witch trials as she was writing it. It's an in-depth look at the trials, and at the backgrounds of the key players on all sides, with photos of supporting documents, portraits of participants, and more.

[While Salem, Massachusetts features a lot of monuments - some serious, some more frivolous - to the witch trials, the small town of Danvers is "ground zero", and features many historical spots tied directly to the people involved. For those into geocaching, I recommend the Salem Witch Trials of 1692 multi-stage cache, which will take you from the site of the homes of several of the accused to the location of the site of the trials, and to a very touching and sobering monument.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Atherton Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/20/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Atherton Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Allergic to A release challenge. ***