Mythago Wood

by Robert Holdstock | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, June 17, 2019
Book burble: Deep within the wildwood lies a place of myth and mystery, from which few return, and none remain unchanged.

Ryhope Wood may look like a three-mile-square fenced-in wood in rural Herefordshire on the outside, but inside, it is a primeval, intricate labyrinth of trees, impossibly huge, unforgettable . . . and stronger than time itself.

Stephen Huxley has already lost his father to the mysteries of Ryhope Wood. On his return from the Second World War, he finds his brother, Christopher, is also in thrall to the mysterious wood, wherein lies a realm where mythic archetypes grow flesh and blood, where love and beauty haunt your dreams, and in promises of freedom lies the sanctuary of insanity . . .

MYTHAGO WOOD (Mythago Wood series, 1/7) by ROBERT HOLDSTOCK (1984) | ISBN: 0575086572 / 9780575086579 (UK PB) | Publisher: Gollancz
A 25th Anniversary Edition paperback, Published in 2009 & the cover is as shown. [Well, more or less… in fact the actual cover is much darker in tone than that faded looking illustration here and the gorgeous copper foil lettering and highlights on the illustration flash brilliantly like lightening against the deep night sky. OK confession, I love the cover and this was in such good condition I applied a protective plastic film to it to help keep it that way, yes it’s now shinier, but the film will help immeasurably to preserve it…]

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/17/2019 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Here’s the story… this was one of the books I collected with an aim to register it with BookCrossing and release round and about the first CYMERA* book festival in Edinburgh last weekend but I ran out of time to register all the books I had collected. Despite not having read this I am going ahead with its release as de-cluttering is currently the name of the game up the tower at my ‘castle-in-the-city’. Being honest though I am also not in the mood for a classic mythic style of fantasy fiction. Released onto the Official BookCrossing Zone bookshelf in the Filmhouse Café bar Mon 17 Jun 2019.

*CYMERA Edinburgh’s first Book Festival of Sci-Fi + Fantasy + Horror books. Three day event - FRI 7 to SUN 9 JUNE, venue: The Pleasance, [60 Pleasance, Edinburgh EH8 9TJ, UK] hosting over 80 authors, paid & free events, active title CYMERA19 as it’s hoped this is the first of many!
---------------------

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with the BookCrossing world of TRAVELLING books – WELCOME!

Feel free to keep this book it is yours to do with as you wish, read it, or pass it on to keep it travelling. You can leave notes anonymously or if you journal this book as a member, you will hear from the book on its travels. If you do join quoting the name of the Bookcrosser who registered this – see journal entry 1 – as your referrer would make their day. Thank you and HAPPY READING, cheers rainbow3!