Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues

by Blaize Clement | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 6/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, June 17, 2019
Book #3 in the Dixie Hemingway Mystery series: Dixie has a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The day she happens upon the dead body outside a fancy mansion is no different. She's had her fill of homicide investigations, so she leaves the gate-keeper's corpse to be found by somebody else. Unfortunately, that somebody else sees Dixie leaving the scene of the crime, and the fatal bullet might have even come from her own gun! To make matters worse, the owner of the mansion is Dixie's new client--a scientist who is either a genius, insane, or both--whose pet iguana is under her charge. All that, plus a feisty calico kitten that needs some TLC, means that time is running out for Dixie to cat nip this case in the bud... and collar the killer.

My Review: Great book. My first from this author. It's not a traditional cozy mystery, but I really enjoyed it. I was sad to find out the author died. Apparently her son is continuing the series after her death.