My Year Zero

by Rachel Gold | Gay & Lesbian |
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 7/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, July 27, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (7/27/2019 UTC) at International Lesbian-Themed Fiction Sweepstakes, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Ordered from BetterWorldBooks.com to send directly to the winner of the International Lesbian-themed Fiction Sweepstakes! Hope you enjoy!

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 03, 2019
The books arrived safely today; many thanks! This ex-library softcover looks fun, with an SF-fandom element.

Later: Entertaining coming-out/coming-of-age tale involving a young woman who's juggling two possible romantic partners and bipolar disorder, while finding new friends among the fandom. There are some troublesome bits - among them, safe-sex practices or lack of same, which I was amused to find called out by the author at the end of the book ("The author has had a talk with her about this") - but I found the romantic ups-and-downs, self-doubts, and communication issues quite believable. And I loved the fact that Lauren's new friend-and-love-interest Blake is a math geek, though this didn't impress Lauren at first ("Who falls in love with zero?").

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 05, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (10/5/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ohio Rd in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the handsome and roomy TARDIS-decorated Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Tick Tock release challenge. ***