Whisper Network

by Chandler Baker | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1250319471 Global Overview for this book
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 6/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 14, 2019
One of two ARCs received from FlatIronBooks to share with a friend for honest reviews. This copy heading to JosieRivers. Enjoy!

Descripton: Four women learn their boss (a man who’s always been surrounded by rumors about how he treats women) is next in line to be CEO—what will happen when they decide enough is enough?

Sloane, Ardie, Grace, and Rosalita are four women who have worked at Truviv, Inc., for years. The sudden death of Truviv's CEO means their boss, Ames, will likely take over the entire company. Ames is a complicated man, a man they’ve all known for a long time, a man who’s always been surrounded by...whispers. Whispers that have always been ignored by those in charge. But the world has changed, and the women are watching Ames’s latest promotion differently. This time, they’ve decided enough is enough.

Sloane and her colleagues set in motion a catastrophic shift within every floor and department of the Truviv offices. All four women’s lives—as women, colleagues, mothers, wives, friends, even adversaries—will change dramatically as a result.

"If only you had listened to us,” they tell us on page one, “none of this would have happened."

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at BC friend, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (6/19/2019 UTC) at BC friend, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I loved this book. This is one of those rare reads that grabs you right away. I truly liked all of the women characters which the story revolves around. (Although it took me a little bit to like Katherine.)

This is not only a timely story with the “MeToo” movement but a necessary read for women. Most women reading this story will be able to place themselves in anyone of the women: Sloane, Ardie, Grace and Katherine.

It is a story of four women trying to climb the corporate ladder. They do their jobs well and yet are hiding the same secret -- they are harassed by their boss. Keeping it quiet except in whispers. During those whispers they discover there is a list that is circulating about BAD men to watch out for, men to never let yourself be alone with -- ever. Then a name is added by one of these women. Stuff starts happening, the story takes off and that is all that I will tell you because there are lots of surprises. You should read this book. It is a page turner to the very last page. I hated to put it down!

I am adding this author to my must read list. I think you will too.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, October 11, 2019
So I could have sworn I journalled this when I received it..... but obviously I didn't. I started reading it immediately but just couldn't really get into it...
Couldn't really define who was narrating the story... at times it seemed to be from each character's perspective?

Three co-workers/friends, their personal lives/issues, their self-doubts... Real women not just fictionalized fairy tale characters... who deal with workplace harassment, the secrets kept, shared and ultimately the consequences of speaking out.
This was an interesting read, shows how we never know what someone is dealing with at work, how the gossip mill can add/subtract to feelings of self worth and how sexual harassment can impact a person's life.

Will look for it's next reader. Thank you for sharing with me.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjosieriverswing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (11/26/2019 UTC) at Clanton, Alabama USA

On it's way to bamaforever.
To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 5 by wingjosieriverswing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (11/26/2019 UTC) at Clanton, Alabama USA

sending to bamaforever
To the finder of this book:

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 6 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Monday, December 02, 2019
Thank you so much!!! :-)