Tales from Moominvalley

by Tove Jansson | Children's Books |
Registered by Pikkis of Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on 6/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Pikkis from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Friday, June 14, 2019
From the backcover: "Here are nine delightfully funny stories about the citizens of Moominvalley. From Ninny´s bout with invisibility to the Moomin family´s first Christmas out of hibernation, these tales are sure to please Jansson fans young and old."

This book has been in my bookshelf for a long time, but I have to admit that I haven´t read it until now. I know quite many Moomin-stories, but mostly based on the animation series my children used to watch on TV. In this book there were many quite new stories for me, so I´m glad I finally got to read it. Some stories are sad, some are funny, but all the stories have many different levels and I think there are something for both children and adults in them. And not all the stories are for small children at all, they are rather difficult to understand. Now this book is starting a long journey and I hope these wonderful Finnish characters will find new friends along the way!

Journal Entry 2 by Pikkis at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Friday, June 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/17/2019 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

This book will start it´s long journey with Ametisti to find readers young and old in the UK :)! Have a safe journey!

Journal Entry 3 by Ametisti at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Thank you for this book that gets to go to Scotland with me! I plan to release this in one of the Little Free Libraries in Edinburgh. Let's see what happens!

Released 2 wks ago (7/5/2019 UTC) at -- Wild Released in Inverness in Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom

Our Scotland travels take us to Inverness to see the famous Highlands. I'll be wild releasing this Moomin book somewhere in the town during our stay (July 5-7). Happy reading!