Sisters

by Raina Telgemeier | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/10/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, June 10, 2019
I got this softcover at a local thrift shop, and was glad of another release copy.

When I first read this book I couldn't put it down, and was laughing a LOT along the way. While my relationship with my siblings wasn't quite as overtly rocky as Raina's, there were plenty of little moments that rang very true indeed.

And I was delighted to find that the road trip was similar to one my family took - though we started in Wyoming, visiting the dinosaur monument in Vernal Utah on our way to Cupertino California to visit my mom's sister and the cousins. The scenery made me very nostalgic, even as the downside of long road trips with annoying siblings (not to mention "The Incident"!) became clear.

Telgemeier really has a knack for conveying the mix of love and loathing that's common between siblings, and I thoroughly enjoyed the book. (I also recommend her books Drama and Smile.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Abbott School in Westford, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (6/13/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Abbott School in Westford, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library at Abbot School; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Allergic to A release challenge. ***