How to Read Literature Like a Professor Revised

by Thomas C. Foster | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 006234420X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, June 09, 2019
I found this softcover in this Little Free Library in Brookline NH while dropping off some books of my own. (The book has quite a lot of underlining and marginal notation, plus loads of dogeared pages; somebody really got into it in-depth!) It's an entertaining look at more scholarly/intensive/deep reading - which worried me, as I read for the joy of it, but it turns out that the author's ideas don't negate the "fun" part, and may enhance it. Picking up on subtext, spotting authorial "Easter eggs" and other amusements, these and other things can add to the experience of reading - though for my part I'd leave most of them for a second or third reading, assuming I liked the book well enough to re-read it at all.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, City Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (6/25/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, City Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library beside City Hall on this rainy day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]