Autobiography of a Geisha

by Sayo Masuda | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0099462044 Global Overview for this book
Registered by lexbarbie of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 6/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by lexbarbie from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 04, 2019
I went through a phase of reading lots of books on Japanese culture, and this was one of them. I really enjoyed it, but it’s been a couple of years since I last picked it up, so it’s time for it to go to a new home :)

Journal Entry 2 by lexbarbie at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (6/4/2019 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

Packaged up to send to a fellow Bookcrossing user as I spotted it on their wish list!

Journal Entry 3 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, June 10, 2019
Thank you so much for this wish granting RABCK! Lucky you put it into a release bag as judging by the soggy outer state, my poor postman must have half drowned getting to to me. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. I haven’t forgotten about you, books in return will follow shortly.

Journal Entry 4 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, September 21, 2019
Really fascinating, moving, shocking. The levels of poverty described in this book are almost beyond my comprehension. Very impressed with her writing and wanting to share her story in 1957 as it must have been truly shocking for people at the time. That shows true strength of character. I just can’t get over reading about all the things she endured and survived! Shame she wouldn’t ever get to meet the translator but very happy she has found peace. It’s unbelievable that she been through all that by time she was 32!

Journal Entry 5 by wingShahrunwing at Book Crossers Meeting in BookCrossing Meet Up, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 21, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (9/21/2019 UTC) at Book Crossers Meeting in BookCrossing Meet Up, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking this to today’s London Meet Up Of BookCrossers In Knights Templar Pub. If someone doesn’t pick this up it will most likely get wild released after.

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 21, 2019
Picked up at the London meet. Thanks very much.

Journal Entry 7 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, September 27, 2019
Picked this one up for my significant other as they are slightly obsessed with all things Japenese. Has been read and enjoyed already and will be passed on to a new home asap.