The Devil's Apprentice

by Edward Marston | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/29/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Google Overview
Winter, Witchcraft and Devilish Deceit

Faced with the austerities of a bitterly cold English winter, the theatre is deserted and Westfield’s Men find themselves out of work. Fortuitously, the company is invited to perform at a country home in Essex; welcome news to the disgruntled players.

The company decide it’s the perfect opportunity to trial their new play The Witch of Colchester. However, when the group’s leading actor begins to fall mysteriously ill, the company fear witchcraft might be involved. Then on the performance night, an audience member inexplicably collapses and dies, paving the way for Nicholas Bracewell to uncover the cause of the strange events taking place in Silvermere.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 06, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (1/6/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into "What the Reviewers Said" Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, January 12, 2020
Picked out of the bookbox based on the review. Unfortunately I do have this on my tbr so I was just going to return it to the box when rainbow3 said that she would like it - so taken from the box .......

Journal Entry 4 by Flutterbies9 at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, January 12, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (1/12/2020 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

and handed to rainbow3 now.

Journal Entry 5 by rainbow3 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Many thanks, swiftly popped into a box that will be posted home, as my wonderful New Year Break in Somerset is coming to an end. It seems the "What the Reviewers Said" Bookbox also functions as a “Wrap it Up” Bookbox in that the books are covered in wrapping paper, a review off the book is copied out and stuck onto the wrapping and book choice is made by selecting the review that appeals. All very intriguing!

THE DEVIL’S APPRENTICE was taken from the "What the Reviewers Said" Bookbox by Flutterbies9 and subsequently passed to me as I had said it sounded like just my thing after its review was read out;

‘A Love of period and astute characterisation and plotting are the hallmarks of all -------- books’ THE GUARDIAN

THE DEVIL’S APPRENTICE (Nicholas Bracewell, 11) by EDWARD MARSTON (2001) | ISBN: 9780749016876 | Publisher: Allison & Busby