ApocalyptiGirl: An Aria for the End Times

by Andrew MacLean | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/29/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, May 29, 2019
I got this softcover from a local Savers thrift shop. I enjoyed this tale of the snarky and tough Aria and her trusty companion-cat Jelly Bean as they seek a powerful artifact. The glimpses of this post-apocalyptic world, full of ruined communities and obscure mouldering robots (?), make Aria's sense of isolation more stark - but when she encounters other travelers, things get dangerous!

The reveal at the end was intriguing, but I admit that my favorite bits involved Aria and Jelly Bean in the wilderness...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 10, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/12/2019 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm sending this to BCer HI77 in Florida as part of a multi-book swap. Enjoy!

*** Released for the 2019 One-Word Title release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2019 Science Fiction release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, September 09, 2019
A life lived

so very off the grid,
she's almost back on again.

Journal Entry 4 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, October 06, 2019
I really like the cover on this one. It's what made me pay attention to it. :)

I think the idea behind the book was fine and I loved the sidekick cat but then again I like cats. Lol And there were some fun aspects of this but it really kind of fell flat for me. There just seemed to be a 2 Dimension to this and it never quite came out of that.

Not a horrible book but nothing I'd go back to.