The Casual Vacancy

by J. K. Rowling | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Peonio of Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Peonio from Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 22, 2019
"In the idyllic small town of Pagford, a councillor dies and leaves a ‘casual vacancy’ – an empty seat on the Parish Council.

In the election for his successor that follows, it is clear that behind the pretty surface this is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, wives at war with husbands, teachers at war with pupils . . . Pagford is not what it first seems.

From the smallest of elections in a sleepy British town, J.K. Rowling conjures an epic, emotional and compulsively readable tale that has had millions of readers hooked."

Journal Entry 2 by Peonio at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/14/2019 UTC) at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I found this on your wishlist, if you feel that you don't want to read it, just let it go :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Ametisti at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 17, 2019
Thank you for this wish list book! It was a lovely surprise :) This book is on my TBR-list so hopefully I'll have time to read it during my holiday in July. Many thanks!