Never Let Me Go

The world is your library
by Kazuo Ishiguro | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by authorauthor of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 1/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by authorauthor from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020
As children, Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy were students at Hailsham, an exclusive boarding school in the English countryside. It was a place of mercurial cliques and mysterious rules -- and teachers were constantly reminding them of how special they were. Years later, Kathy is a young woman and Ruth and Tommy have re-entered her life. And for the first time she is beginning to look back at their shared past and understand just what it is that makes them so special -- and how that will shape the rest of their time together.

Journal Entry 2 by authorauthor at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA

This book will be on the Book Buffet table at the Bookcrossing meetup.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020
I selected this trade paperback because I thought it would make a good offering in my own Little Free Library/

I read another copy of this book in 2011. This is what I wrote about it after I read it....

I was warned prior to reading this book that there would be a spoiler at the beginning of the book which might intefere with my enjoyment of the story. I did not find that to be the case at all. I found the story to be engaging in a way that made me want to read further without a lapse at any point in the story.

This is the story of three young people (Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy) at a private school in England and how their relationship to each other developed over the course of their lives. No, I will not give you the spoiler here in my review. What I did think, though, is that the “hook” that makes this an unusual story should not have been foreshadowed in the beginning (as it was only too obvious what it meant), but it should have been revealed much later in the novel. That aside, I also could not understand why Kathy and Ruth were friends at all. Theirs was such a contentious relationship!

The novel itself is interesting in a thought-provoking way. I’m sorry that the novel mostly centered on the characters' relationships and did not delve further into their more specific roles later in life. I liked this novel, though. Even the long-winded explanations given by the narrator, Kathy, of what life was like for her during her school years

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2020 Tick Tock Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess. The title of this book contains the words NEVER, EVE and EVER.

-----------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqnutZipswing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 25, 2020
I took this book from the great selection of books in fellow BC'er SqueakyChu's LFL of Twinbrook #7720. This book is by the author of "The Remains of the Day" which I read earlier this year and also watched the movie based on that book staring Anthony Hopkins.