Dishwasher

by Pete Jordan | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tanamo of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 5/19/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Tanamo from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 19, 2019
A true story of a man on a mission to clean dirty dishes professionally in every state in America. Part adventure, part parody and part miraculous journey of self discovery, it is the unforgettable account of Pete Jordan's transformation from itinerant seeker into "Dishwasher Pete" - unlikely folk hero, writer, publisher of his own cult zine and the ultimate professional dish dog - and how he gave it all up for love.

Journal Entry 2 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 10, 2020
Very different to my usual reading fare and at first I wasn't sure I would finish it because I was going eww and ugh so many times. I thought this guy will never finish this quest as his lifestyle is so unhealthy. He was getting pain from being bent over so much, injuring his skin with very hot water or risking the bacteria from water not hot enough. He didn't wash himself or his clothes very often, slept in some pretty unhealthy places, spent time groping in dirty streets for money, had to deal with cockroaches, rats and mice and either didn't get enough to eat or ate too much and much of it junk food. I thought he'd never live long enough to complete his quest BUT I couldn't help liking the guy because he was true to himself, followed his own drummer and apart from a few fiddles, didn't really intentionally harm anyone AND he read a lot of books and eventually wrote one so he could never be all bad. ALSO someone did marry him. She's a brave gal (or a foolish one) and deserves a medal. I hope they and their son live happily ever after in Amsterdam.

Journal Entry 3 by Tanamo at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Released 5 days ago (5/20/2020 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Mailed to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 23, 2020
Thank you for sending this to me.