"L" is for Lawless

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1429911921 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 17, 2019
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 17, 2019
It was the week before Thanksgiving when Kinsey Millhone first heard the story of the late Johnny Lee, the World War II fighter pilot of whom, rather mysteriously, the military authorities have no record. His family are concerned - perhaps Kinsey could make a few calls, straighten things out? Then Johnny's apartment is ransacked. In the debris a hidden safe is uncovered - and in that safe is a mysterious key marked LAWLESS.

Well, what a way to spend your week off work. We are taken with Kinsey on a rollercoaster ride across the states to discover the various goings on and the whereabouts of the bank heist stash. This may be my favourite Kinsey Milhone book so far. And I think we might have met a future Kinsey in her old age, otherwise known as Hell on Wheels.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 25, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (5/25/2019 UTC) at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Sending on in the spiral.

reet petite
diane-fraser
Maranlin
penelopewanders
lamelemon
Ollie 1976

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Thanks

Journal Entry 5 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 20, 2019
I think this is the most fast paced in the series. Poor Kinsey was trying to get home but couldn't.

Journal Entry 6 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, July 06, 2019
Sorry I forgot To journal straight away. I have two sue Grafton books to read before I can start this so maybe a while until it moves on.

Journal Entry 7 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2019
It was an enjoyable read with some good detective work :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (10/1/2019 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Off to Maranlin at last. Apologies once more for the delay ☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Received today from Diane-Fraser. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 17, 2019
Kinsey certainly does have many adventures and this book was no exception. There were several unusual characters in this book and as always, I was intrigued with how she manages to solve mysteries.

Journal Entry 11 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 19, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (10/19/2019 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed today to penelopewanders who is next in the spiral. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, November 04, 2019
This was waiting when I got back from holiday. I hope to get to it soon. Thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, November 08, 2019
The next in the Sue Grafton Alphabet spiral, here from Canada. As it's been a little over a month since I read the previous book in the series, I didn't mind repetition of basic elements as I have on occasion when I read them too closely one after the other (descriptions of Henry, her garage apartment, etc). This one either assumed the reader already knew or didn't need to know. The family reunion remains a gesture not quite made, but it does feel like a step is taken. As for the "family" in this one, I'm not sure why Laura turns somewhat suddenly...
A page turner, I did cotton on to some of the solutions but that didn't detract from my enjoyment. This next heads to Bucarest.

Journal Entry 14 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Friday, November 15, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (11/15/2019 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

This was taken to France by car and now heads off to Bucarest. Thanks to everyone involved in keeping this spiral rolling. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Safely received with thanks! Two more books to read before its turn comes, so odds are it will spend the holidays with me to avoid the seasonal mail clogging :)