Star Trek: Discovery: Desperate Hours

by David Mack | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Rosebythesea of Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on 5/15/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Rosebythesea from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Aboard the Starship Shenzhou, Lieutenant Michael Burnham, a human woman raised and educated among Vulcans, is promoted to acting first officer. But if she wants to keep the job, she must prove to Captain Philippa Georgiou that she deserves to have it.

She gets her chance when the Shenzhou must protect a Federation colony that is under attack by an ancient alien vessel that has surfaced from the deepest fathoms of the planet’s dark, uncharted sea.

As the menace from this mysterious vessel grows stronger, Starfleet declares the colony expendable in the name of halting the threat. To save thousands of innocent lives, Burnham must infiltrate the alien ship. But to do so, she needs to face the truth of her troubled past, and seek the aid of a man she has tried to avoid her entire life—until now.

Released 1 yr ago (10/29/2019 UTC) at Beach Terrace in Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom

Book released on beach terrace bench.

Journal Entry 3 by Rosebythesea at Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
I enjoyed the insight this book provided into Star Trek Discovery. I felt that it helped develop the characters in a deeper way than the TV show managed. However, I did find it an incredibly slow burner and I didn't manage to finish it. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure there's another Trekkie out there that will appreciate it. Rather than let it gather dust on my shelves I have released it for someone else to find.