The Hard Way Out

by Jerry Langton | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingCA-WKWwing of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 5/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingCA-WKWwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Purchased pre-loved at the Edmonton Airport, $10, at a news stand owned by Paradies Lagardere that offers the 50% off ‘read and return’ titles, such a great idea! Buy a new book, return it to another news stand in world wide airports within 6 months, and get half off a new book purchase.

I enjoyed the first half of the book which discussed growing up in Scarborough, mall and private security gigs, and motorcycle club structure. With the narrator’s background in surveillance, I would think he would be able to write some great descriptive writing of the sights, sounds and smells, but details like these in the second half of the book are pretty much absent.
I’m also surprised there weren’t more shout outs to his family and friends like Anthony Kiedis' book had. Probably, the second half was lacking because the narrator is still traumatized and had to distance himself from events(?). I hope he is stable, getting support and settled in to his new life. I can imagine there would be a high suicide rate in witness protection (?).

Journal Entry 2 by wingCA-WKWwing at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, August 09, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (8/14/2019 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Bringing to a Bookcrossing meetup. Picked up by Strude.