The 5th Wave

by Rick Yancey | Entertainment | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 5/12/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, May 12, 2019
Today, 6of8 and I went on a Baltimorean odyssey, picking up many many books at the Goodwill Outlet in Linthicum and the Book Thing. This was among them.

Registered in Rockville, Maryland, USA.

Released 1 mo ago (5/18/2019 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This is one of the many books released at the 2019 Gaithersburg Book Festival.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, May 19, 2019
This is one of only 2 books I came home with for my TBR pile from the Gaithersburg Book Festival. I'm already earreading a copy for my June "Young at Heart" Book Club, so it will be nice having a physical copy to take to the book club. After that, I'll be able to sent it back out to find a new reader!

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, June 14, 2019
I read this book for the Young At Heart YA for Adults book club at my public library. I'm not sure it's a book I would have picked up on my own, as I like post-apocalyptic fiction but not stories that take place during an apocalypse (too real, too terrifying, too easy to see myself in danger). But I did end up liking it quite a lot. It starts after aliens arrive and a number of waves of disasters have decreased the population, resulting in the few humans who are left having to take desperate measures to survive. The story jumps around between Cassie and Ben, who survive in very different ways, and the characters they ally with. There were things that were extremely convenient or cliché. And there were things that were surprising or dramatic that I enjoyed. The characters were great to get to know. I got a satisfying found family bonding together at the end, so I might just read book 2 sometime.

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Friday, June 14, 2019

Released 3 days ago (6/16/2019 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Taking to a BCinDC meetup so that it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!