Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother

by Xinran | Nonfiction |
Registered by Yogiberri of Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom on 5/11/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Yogiberri from Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, May 11, 2019
Bought for poodlesister

Journal Entry 2 by Yogiberri at Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, June 10, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (10/27/2019 UTC) at Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex United Kingdom

Birthday gift for poodlesister

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 25, 2019
Thank you for all my lovely presents!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, May 09, 2020
I found this book very moving. It is hard to fathom how little value was placed on girls (women) in this culture in the past. I wonder how much has changed now.

From the flyleaf "Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother brings us the untold stories of Chinese mothers who have lost their daughters. It also gives voice to some adoptive mothers from different parts of the world. These are stories which Xinran could not bring herself to tell previously - they were too painful and too close to home. In the footsteps of Xinran's Good Women of China, this is personal, immediate, full of tragic detail but also uplifting, tender moments."

Released 1 mo ago (5/11/2020 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to saskiasosmile

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 9th to 11th October 2020

Journal Entry 6 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 15, 2020
Thanks, Poodlesister, for this book, that came to me via the wish list tag game.
It arrived already yesterday but under the current circumstances I am not touching the post until a day after delivery.
I am looking forward to turn to this but not immediately. Many thanks for posting.