Getting Lost

by Dave Fox | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 159299329X Global Overview for this book
Registered by imawinn2 of Neenah, Wisconsin USA on 5/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, May 09, 2019
I really enjoyed this book and found myself giggling a few times at the author's misadventures. Neat to find out that Dave Fox graduated from my state's Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison. Badger Proud!

From the back of book:
"When you travel, things go wrong." That might not sound like uplifting advice, but in this hilarious collection of stories about mishaps in faraway places, award winning humorist Dave Fox proves otherwise. At age eight, Dave moves to England and nearly starts a riot in Northern Africa. As a nerdy teenager, he smuggles illegal radio equipment into Finland on his way to spending a year in Norway. In his college days, he discovers it is not wise to seek inner peace inside an Icelandic volcano, narrowly misses being stripped, gassed and robbed (at least in his own head) on an overnight train through Italy, and finds himself surrounded by machine gun-toting cops in Greece.

Getting Lost: Mishaps of an Accidental Nomad spans 30 years of adventures and misadventures overseas, from Dave's year as a British school boy, to his teenage days as a foreign exchange student, to his so-called "adult life" as a professional traveler. He weaves together tales both poignant and amusing in this memoir of a travel-obsessed geek.

Journal Entry 2 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Friday, May 24, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (5/24/2019 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Sending this to josierivers as a Bookring. Enjoy!!

Next in line:
mom2jwn

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Monday, June 10, 2019
This book arrived week before last(?) Sorry I am a slack/terrible bookcrosser!

Will read and forward asap.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, July 12, 2019
This was a fun read. Kind of made me a bit jealous reading of all the lovely places he travelled to. Very down to earth and relatable. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for the opportunity to read it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjosieriverswing at a fellow bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 12, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (7/11/2019 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

enroute to it's next reader mom2jwn
To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 6 by mom2jwn at East Freedom, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Received this yesterday. Will start reading ASAP.
For some reason I can't find this bookring in forums, can you let me know who is next in line?? Sorry

Journal Entry 7 by mom2jwn at East Freedom, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 26, 2019
Very good book, enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for including me. Sending it back to Deb today.

Journal Entry 8 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, August 04, 2019
Getting Lost found its way home. So glad you ladies enjoyed this book.