Amsterdam

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 4/29/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, April 29, 2019
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Google Overview
On a chilly February day, two old friends meet in the throng outside a London crematorium to pay their last respects to Molly Lane. Both Clive Linley and Vernon Halliday had been Molly's lovers in the days before they reached their current eminence: Clive is Britain's most successful modern composer, and Vernon is a newspaper editor. Gorgeous, feisty Molly had other lovers, too, notably Julian Garmony, Foreign Secretary, a notorious right-winger tipped to be the next prime minister. In the days that follow Molly's funeral, Clive and Vernon will make a pact with consequences that neither could have foreseen…

This book has a different cover.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, April 29, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/30/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of the Global Sweeps, hope you enjoy this and all the other books heading your way :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Thank you so much for this book. I have read Ian McEwan, but not this one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingestelle1806wing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (1/26/2021 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Travelling to the winner of the Global sweepstake, enjoy!

Please let us know when you release it again...

Journal Entry 5 by Ninas_BookNook at Yorktown, Virginia USA on Wednesday, February 17, 2021
I received this book as the winner of the 2021 Global Sweeps - Round 7. Thank you so much! It looks quite interesting, so it will rest on my TBR pile for a while until I get around to reading it.