A Life's Work: On Becoming a Mother

by Rachel Cusk | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSoozreaderwing of Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on 4/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSoozreaderwing from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, April 27, 2019
From the back cover: Rachel Cusk's controversial, funny and moving account of her journey to the mother country proveked acclaim and outrage in equal measure. A Life's Work is an education in babies, books, toddler groups, bad advice, crying, breastfeeding and never being alone.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSoozreaderwing at Musiikkitalo in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (7/17/2019 UTC) at Musiikkitalo in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

The book is looking for a new reader from the Musiikkitalo meet-up.

Journal Entry 3 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
The book cover here isn't the same as in the copy I hold in my hands right now. It's of a toddler whose face is covered by a plate. The baby is licking the plate clean, I guess. I love that picture. I'm interested in reading about motherhood and this sounds good according to the introduction. Honest and unconventional maybe? Let's see. Thank you for the book.