Insurgent

by Veronica Roth | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by imeretoo of Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on 4/26/2019
Journal Entry 1 by imeretoo from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 26, 2019
2nd book in a Trilogy.
Tris (Beatrice) lives in what was once the Chicago area and she comes from one of five factions that were created following some type of significant or possibly apocalyptic war. Her faction is Abnegation, those who believe man's best quality is selflessness. The members of the Abnegation faction are the political leaders of the entire society as it is believed that the selfless make the best rulers. They live simply and without many material comforts and are resented by some of the other factions which include: Amity (the kind), Erudite (the intellectual), Candor (the honest), and the Dauntless (the brave).

In their teens, all children are asked to make a life changing decision and it is no different for Tris. They first take a series of aptitude tests which are really just mental simulations. In 99% of cases, children's reactions to the simulations are consistent with the faction in which they've been raised. So for Tris, she is expected to have responses consistent with Abnegation. Instead she has responses consistent with three factions, only one of which is Abnegation. It's determined that she could fit into Erudite and Dauntless as well, a level of mental flexibility that is unusual in their society. Tris' true designation following the test is kept hidden from everyone by the test administrator who tells her that she is what is called 'Divergent', and it is a very dangerous thing to be. Though the factions were created in the hopes of stopping any future war, there are tensions between factions that are simmering. Being a person with a mental 'grey area' makes Tris a target for those with bad intentions.

The Real Reason Tris Chose the Dauntless...
On the day of her choice, Tris is torn between her desire to please her family and stay in Abnegation with them and her desire to please herself. Whatever faction a teen chooses is final and it is a choice that supersedes their family. This means that once you join a different faction. you must leave your family behind. In the moment of choice Tris chooses to join the Dauntless. When her little brother Caleb also chooses to leave Abnegation for the Erudite, the die is cast.

Released 1 mo ago (7/23/2019 UTC) at The Forge Cafe at The Wakes in Oakengates, Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom

Welcome to Book Crossing.....
Thanks for taking the time to visit the site.
There is no charge to join this site.
If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by imeretoo.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it. In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on its journey

I have left this book on a shelf in the Book Crossing area at The Forge Urban Revival Cafe, at The Wakes, Theater Square, Oakengates, Telford TF2 6EP.
Stop by, pick up a book or 2 and maybe stay awhile to enjoy a good coffee snack or a meal....
Its up to you.
Happy Hunting...

Journal Entry 3 by imeretoo at Telford Central Railway Station in Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 08, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (9/8/2019 UTC) at Telford Central Railway Station in Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom

Re-Located to help it on it's travels:
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, Welcome....
Thank you for visiting the website.

We are a Worldwide Group That shares books and leave them for people to find like on a Treasure Hunt.

I am very happy that you have found one of my books.

The book is now yours to do with as you choose.

Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us and let us follow it's travels, hopefully around the world, and hopefully hear from the many people who find it and help it on it's travels.
If you would like to know what happens to the book after you have passed it on, then do join - it's free, private and fun.
If you decide to join the Bookcrossing group and want to see when and where I release my books then you can see the books I've set free at:

Please make as few or as many comments about the book as you wish.
The book is now yours to do with as you choose.

I have left this book on the Bookcrossing shelf in the ticket office at Telford Central Railway Station.
If travelling and your train is delayed? Stop by and pick up a free book....
If travelling with children????
Stop by and pick up a free book....
A great way to keep BOTH Adults & Kids of all ages distracted and entertained.

Journal Entry 4 by nordie at Moor Street Station in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Released 5 days ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at Moor Street Station in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by Nordie. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.