The Book of Dead Days

by Marcus Sedgwick | Children's Books |
Registered by wingestelle1806wing of Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on 4/23/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingestelle1806wing from Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Hi everybody, I am now managing the Little Free Library #64045 in the suburbs of Dublin, Ireland.
It is also an Official BookCrossing Zone (OBCZ)and its link is here:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/13/2031/64253/840444 .

Journal Entry 2 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, October 07, 2019
An OK read, quite slow in its flow.

Journal Entry 3 by wingestelle1806wing at Cortland, New York USA on Thursday, October 10, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (10/10/2019 UTC) at Cortland, New York USA

Travelling with Halloween goodies!

Please let us know when you release it again...

Journal Entry 4 by wingemmejowing at Cortland, New York USA on Thursday, October 17, 2019
This arrived with a wonderful package full of Halloween goodies! Thank you so much! I'm particularly fond of the holographic bats and the earrings!

Journal Entry 5 by wingemmejowing at Cortland, New York USA on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
This was a strange sort of little book, and I honestly couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

It's definitely not a "read in one go" type. It takes a fair amount of digestion for a middle-reader kid's book, and the pacing was odd to me. It stretched my suspension of disbelief a little too far on more than one occasion. On the other hand, there were some strikingly visual descriptions and effectively creepy bits. I would describe the writing as almost textural, ranging widely in style and speed, spending far more focus on that then building characters, who remain blandly stock outlines until some half-hearted twists near the end pretend to be character development. I debated not finishing it a few times, but somehow it compelled me to keep going.

Journal Entry 6 by wingemmejowing at Little Free Library #86995 in Virgil, New York USA on Saturday, June 06, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (6/6/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #86995 in Virgil, New York USA

Added to the Little Free Library, as I am cautiously starting to plan some more wild releases.