Home Fire

by Kamila Shamsie | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingFifnawing of Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 4/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingFifnawing from Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, April 22, 2019
"How can love survive betrayal? For as long as they can remember, siblings Isma, Aneeka and Parvaiz have had nothing but each other.But darker, stronger forces will divide Parvaiz from his sisters and drive him to the other side of the world, as he sets out to fulfil the dark legacy of the jihadist father he never knew."

Journal Entry 2 by wingFifnawing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, April 22, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Taking it to the annual convention in Mainz for my NSS partner - happy reading

Journal Entry 3 by wingLivrespublicwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, April 26, 2019
Thank you so much, Fifna, for the generous "not so secret" present.
Together with this book I received waffle biscuits, green tea, paper napkins, chocolate, a pen and a scentic candle. i will start reading the book soon as it seems very interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLivrespublicwing at Málaga, Málaga Spain on Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Thanks again for this wishlist book as NSS present.
I finished reading it last week, but it took me some days to make the entry.

It's an until the last sentence suspenseful and really heartbreaking story. How many (immigrant) families will have similar outer and inner conflicts with one or two members attracted or mislead by terrist groups ? What sacrifices will one make in the name of love?

Journal Entry 5 by wingLivrespublicwing at ., -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Spain on Saturday, September 05, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (9/9/2020 UTC) at ., -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Spain

This book will now travel again -as a wishlist book-to nefertati .

Journal Entry 6 by wingnefertariwing at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Thank you to Livrespublic for very kindly sending this book to me, having seen it on my wishlist. I have been trying to read past winners of the Women's Prize for Fiction and Home Fire was the 2018 winner.

Journal Entry 7 by wingnefertariwing at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
This is an absolutely stunning book. I was gripped throughout, and I think it helped that I am unfamiliar with Antigone, upon which this is based so the suspense was maintained. Shamsie manages to write in such a way that the book makes a political and moral commentary whilst also being utterly heart-wrenching.

Journal Entry 8 by wingnefertariwing at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (11/17/2020 UTC) at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Continuing its journey by going to Beqi as a wishlist book. I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Many thanks to nefertari for sending this wishlist book to me. How lovely to receive a gift in the post! So looking forward to reading this one and I will make sure this book continues its travels once I have read it. Thanks again for sharing. X