The Halloween Tree

by Ray Bradbury | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/19/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
I got this somewhat-battered ex-library paperback from a local Salvation Army thrift shop, for another release copy. (This edition has illustrations by Joseph Mugnaini.) This story inspired a 1993 animated TV movie.

While I love Bradbury's work, this one seemed a bit thin to me, possibly because it's aimed at a younger readership. Its coverage of different times and places re Halloween/day-of-the-dead scenarios was interesting, and the group of friends cooperating to try and save their ailing pal was touching.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the film.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Wasserman Park in Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (10/9/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Wasserman Park in Merrimack, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library near the playground; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 October Spooktacular release challenge. ***