Coyote Blue

by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1439191484 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/19/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
I found this slightly-battered softcover at a local Salvation Army thrift shop, and nabbed it for another release copy.

It looks as if Moore is trying his best to make each book as different from his others as he can! While I didn't think this one was as good as Lamb (my favorite Moore book so far), I enjoyed it very much - although for a while there things looked pretty bad for our hero. Moore captures the essence of the Trickster, I think - living for the moment, never being afraid to try something... I liked the "mangled mythology" (with a nod to "Fractured Fairy Tales" - kids, ask your parents), and cringed in sympathy every time Coyote broke down another self-built wall in Sam's life. Great resolution, too.

[There's a short TV Tropes page on the book.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Benson Park in Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Monday, September 02, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (9/3/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Benson Park in Hudson, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library at Benson Park, just ahead of a rainstorm. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 You're Such an Animal release challenge. ***