The Urban Bestiary: Encountering the Everyday Wild

by Lyanda Lynn Haupt | Outdoors & Nature | This book has not been rated.
Registered by LFL_60875 of Batavia, Ohio USA on 4/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by LFL_60875 from Batavia, Ohio USA on Thursday, April 18, 2019
In THE URBAN BESTIARY, acclaimed nature writer Lyanda Lynn Haupt journeys into the heart of the everyday wild, where coyotes, raccoons, chickens, hawks, and humans live in closer proximity than ever before. Haupt's observations bring compelling new questions to light: Whose "home" is this? Where does the wild end and the city begin? And what difference does it make to us as humans living our everyday lives? In this wholly original blend of science, story, myth, and memoir, Haupt draws us into the secret world of the wild creatures that dwell among us in our urban neighborhoods, whether we are aware of them or not. With beautiful illustrations and practical sidebars on everything from animal tracking to opossum removal, THE URBAN BESTIARY is a lyrical book that awakens wonder, delight, and respect for the urban wild, and our place within it.

Journal Entry 2 by LFL_60875 at Little Free Library # 60875 in Batavia, Ohio USA on Saturday, April 20, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library # 60875 in Batavia, Ohio USA

Released for Earth Day ~ April 22, 2019

Released in Little Free Library # 60875, 228 Main St., Batavia Ohio. Take a book, share a book, always free, never for sale.

If you find this book, leave a note on bookcrossing, let us know it was found. When you're done reading, share the book with a friend or release it back into the wild. Or if you love the book, keep it!

Enjoy!!