Supervolcano: Eruption

by Harry Turtledove | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, April 17, 2019
I got this hardcover from the ongoing book sale shelves in the Wadleigh library in Milford NH. It's a disaster novel centered on the eruption of the supervolcano that lurks beneath Yellowstone Park - an all-too-real possibility, though we don't know if it'll happen in our lifetimes or centuries from now, or tomorrow... I enjoyed the lead-up to the disaster, with the many different characters being introduced, but once the story went into survival-in-the-aftermath mode I found myself losing interest. (Not sure why; I generally enjoy this kind of thing...) Anyway, I'll hope someone else appreciates it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Florence Roberts trailhead in Mason, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (4/24/2019 UTC) at Florence Roberts trailhead in Mason, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on a bench at the trailhead to the Florence Roberts Forest, just across Rt. 123 from the historic Uncle Sam's House. (It was the home of Sam Wilson, who supplied beef to the US Army in 1812, and is thought to be one of the inspirations for the eventual iconic "Uncle Sam" character.) Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]