Der Drache

by Jane Gaskell | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingIrasCignavojowing of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 4/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingIrasCignavojowing from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Englische Zusammenfassung (das Buch selbst ist auf Deutsch)
Imprisoned by her mother, the Dictatress, in a tower for seventeen years, Cija is released and given the task of seducing Zerd, the half-man, half-serpent commander of an invading army

Buch-Details
Broschiert: 157 Seiten
Verlag: Heyne Verlag; Auflage: Dt. Erstveröff. (1976)
Sprache: Deutsch
Übersetzung: Horst Pukallus
ISBN-10: 3453303822
ISBN-13: 978-3453303829
Verpackungsabmessungen: 17,8 x 11,4 x 1,4 cm

Englische Rezension von amazon.com
I have to confess that I was a little bit nervous about revisiting The Atlan Saga. Lately, I have been re-reading a number of the fantasy series which I enjoyed the most as a child. Some of the writers have stood up well, but others have been disappointing. I admit that I kind of suspected that Gaskell would be among the writers who might disappoint me.

Cija was one of my favorites of the sexy little heroines who seemed to populate so many of those fantasy series as a preteen. I liked her better than Shebat. I liked her better than Estri. I thought that she had a beautiful name and I re-read the Atlan books multiple times.

I'm happy to say that The Serpent held up better over time than other similar books. Gaskell is a talented writer, and even when she works in stereotypes she manages to make it interesting. The book does have something of a dated quality, but it was written in 1963-- so I guess that's allowed. In all truthfulness, it is probably more of a three star read than a four star read. That extra star is for the nostalgia value.

By the way, I read this as a very young teenager and am a little bit shocked by that now. There is some very adult material in The Serpent. Parents may want to consider its appropriateness carefully.

Journal Entry 2 by wingIrasCignavojowing at Bücherbaum Bebenhausen in Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, April 18, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (4/18/2019 UTC) at Bücherbaum Bebenhausen in Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Freigelassen wahrscheinlich im Bücherbaum Bebenhausen, wenn hier nichts anderes steht.